Kansas City's Jesuit University
Planned Giving Menu
Ways of Giving Plan-a-Gift Gifts Anyone Can Make
Gifts From Will or TrustRetirement PlanDonor-Advised FundStock and Appreciated AssetsLife InsuranceReal EstatePersonal PropertyDesignate & Donate Gifts That Pay You Income Gifts That Protect Your Assets
Gifts of Personal Property
How It Works
- You transfer a valuable painting, antique, or other personal property to Rockhurst University.
- Rockhurst University may hold and display the property or use it in the furtherance of its mission.
- Rockhurst University may sell the property at some point in the future and use the proceeds for its mission.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value of your gift and pay no capital gains tax, so long as the gift can be used by Rockhurst University to carry out its mission.
- In certain cases, you can use personal property to fund a life-income gift that provides you and/or other loved ones with an income now and benefits Rockhurst University in the future.
- Without using cash, you can make a gift that is immediately beneficial to Rockhurst University.
- More details on gifts of personal property.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of personal property.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.